IECLabs offer Volatile Organic Compound testing (VOC testing). VOC’s are organic chemicals with high vapour pressures – meaning that they are readily released into the atmosphere. This occurs in many products such as adhesives, solvents and the burning of fuels (e.g. gasoline or coal).
Exposure to VOCs occurs through inhalation and dermal contact. This can result in adverse health impacts.
Exposure to VOCs within a residential property or workplace may be from the following:
- Polishes (e.g. nail polish remover/furniture polish)
- Formaldehyde (e.g. plywood, particle board, foam insulation, curtains, fabrics)
- Ethanol (e.g. cleaning chemicals)
- Dichlorobenzene (e.g. mothballs and air fresheners)
- Many types of Paint (e.g. latex, enamel, oil)
IECL can provide an indoor environmental assessment to determine the VOC concentrations and provide recommendations for mitigating and managing exposure within your property or workplace.
Please don’t hesitate to call our friendly staff who are able to assist you with a quote.